Sunday, July 26, 2015

Abide in Christ


     Abide in Christ

What do you think about such an invitation.?

Did Jesus commanded us to do so? Yes, yes He did.

Is it at all possible? Yes, for Jesus doesn’t command what is impossible to be done.

Today I was walking on my tread mill and reading Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray (The joy of belonging in God’s presence) and I was impressed with what Mr. Murray states in Chapter 3 – TRUSTING HIM TO KEEP YOU. Actually there were a couple of things he stated that really stood out to me this morning. He mentions this, “Abiding in Him is not a work that we have to do…..but a consenting to let Him do all for us, and in us, and through us." 

Stop now and consider how powerful and especially loving He is. He is this amazing creator who created universes and cells and sound and rainbows. He desired us and created us to enjoy His company and He amazingly enjoys us!

The next thought that gripped my attention this Sunday morning was, “when He says “Abide IN ME,” He offers Himself, the Keeper of Israel that slumbers not nor sleeps, with all His power and love, as the living home of the soul, where the mighty influences of His grace will be stronger to keep than all their feebleness to lead astray.

Sounds like it is actually takes work to pull in the opposite direction. A direction that leads to places that offer self-pity, frustration, anger, selfishness, and greed among a host of undesirables.

I’d rather be rooted in Christ and ABIDE in Him. I think I’ll take some lessons from this amazing looking tree trunk and stay rooted and rooting for the Lover of My Soul…

How about you?



2 comments:

  1. I"m totally on board with you, Sue. Every time I think I know what "abiding" in Him means, He surprises me with a dose of His love and direction. My most precious times of the day are with Jesus!

    Happy Sunday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! It is always good to see you here! And I so agree that my most precious times are with Jesus also! I wish you the best ever Sunday!

    ReplyDelete