Tuesday, June 26, 2018

THE EYE OF LARILOTH BY GRACE EGERT & DIANN MILLS Middle-Grade Fantasy

 
Author Grace Egert with DiAnn Mills shared a tale that was such a treat for my imagination!
Arroah, the main character,  is one I respect and appreciate. She is strong, adventurous and curious. Though this is a middle-grade fantasy don’t be mistaken—this is definitely a story that keeps the reader tuning pages. The author wrote concerns, crisis and secrets in just the right places! I thought to myself umpteen times that I hoped that this would be a series!
Grace’s imagination and talent unite with her grandmother’s expertise and together they created a memorable tale. The characters were different and unique, which caused me to care about what would happen to them. This new world and society that Grace created was interesting and hooked me from the start!
YouTube interview with Grace and DiAnn:
Click on this link if you can’t view embedded video clip – https://youtu.be/TLPIsvuBzbs
 
Questions for Grace:
1)     If you had a choice between eating chocolate pudding, riding a bike or writing the sequel to this story – which would it be and why? Definitely, writing the second book. Because it’s a big project and you can stop and start when you want. Better than getting fat or riding a bike in the hot sun.
2)     When you realized your dream to write “The Eye of Lariloth” with your grandma was actually going to happen—what did you think or how did you react? I was excited and had bragging rights with my friends. But I was only 8, and I didn’t realize how much work would go into the book.
3)     Do you like to write your story on napkins, paper or just type it on the computer? I’d brainstorm and write on a piece of paper but the final draft on the computer.
 
Questions for DiAnn:
1)      Was writing a book with family one of your hopes and dreams? (It is mine!) I’d never thought about it until Grace brought it up. So glad she did!
2)     How has Grace inspired you? (We know you are an inspiration, DiAnn!) Her enthusiasm and imagination. Her mind has no limits to what could happen in a story.
3)     What do you find most interesting about how this tale came about? I believe it was Grace’s determination to make this book happen even when it took 3 years.
4)     How do you wish your readers to contact you and Grace? Through my email: diann@diannmills.com 
 
Thank you, Grace and DiAnn for your efforts in creating this new world to explore! I look forward to reading the next book you write.
I highly recommend this read. I did purchase this story on my Kindle and I received a book from Grace and DiAnn. I always only give my honest reaction and I’m happy to direct you to this adventuresome story of courage, sacrifice and victory! Enjoy!
Grace and I thank you!
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment