Sunday, June 23, 2024

INTENTIONAL FIRES, Book Two of Sunrise Crik Series by Rebecca McLafferty


 Rebecca gently pulled me into her tale but then snatched my concern with a memorable scene from the past that offers a firm base for the story that unfolds. Toni Stevens is a single mom who runs her tree farm and financially provides for her children, mother, and tree farm workers during a difficult time. Fires and tree theft are wreaking havoc on her land, and Toni must find the courage to discover who is sabotaging her family's future. 


U.S. Forest Service Special Agent Sam Duncan, Toni's fiancé, has a dangerous job. Not only is he trying to connect with one of his fiancé's sons, who isn't interested in accepting him, but he is actively investigating possible arson, where someone perished in the fire. As he moves deeper into the forest, he faces other dangers. Drug runners are busy protecting their products from anyone who would get in their way. 

The main characters are strong and grow stronger as they meet each new disaster and challenge Rebecca brings to life with pen and paper. The character's struggles make them feel like personal friends. The thread of family history, unity, joy, and pain makes this novel a rich read for me.  I encourage you to check it out, too. 

Characters from INTENTIONAL HEIRS, Book One of the Sunrise Crik Series, were an added adventure and delight. INTENTIONAL FIRES was well-written. The tension kept me turning pages, and the hidden reason behind everything that happened in this story took me by surprise at the very end. What a satisfying and well-researched novel. The theme of INTENTIONAL FIRES is about overcoming your past. Certainly, it is a read worth visiting and revisiting.


Who do you trust? Who is worth trusting? Those questions circled my thoughts as I read 
INTENTIONAL FIRES, Book Two of the Sunrise Crik Series. I love a novel that inspires my soul and one that I can relate to. I couldn't wait to share my review of this novel with you.

Here is my review link for INTENTIONAL HEIRS, Book One of the Sunrise Crik series:
You will want to really check out the author interview following my book review of INTENTIONAL HEIRS! 

http://www.susanmarlene.com/book-review--author-interview/archives/06-2020



You may find out more about Rebecca McLafferty and be advised of her next novel offerings at:


https://mclaffertyenterprises.com/books/
https://www.facebook.com/author.rebecca.mclafferty

P.S. Such a perfect cover by Roseanna White Designs 




No comments:

Post a Comment