Saturday, October 9, 2021

A VIEW MOST GLORIOUS, Book 3 of AMERICAN WONDERS COLLECTION by Award Winning Author, Regina Scott


 

Beautiful. That is my one-word description of this third book of the AMERICAN WONDERS COLLECTION. I have so much to say about A VIEW MOST GLORIOUS! The characters are fresh and stunning. They are vibrant and well rounded and quite different from one another. They are challenged emotionally, mentally, and physically by Mount Rainier and each other’s goals. Honestly, the way that Regina described the ascent and decent on Mount Rainier was so perfect—just as though she walked in Coraline Baxter’s boots.

The descriptions mesh wonderfully with the challenges and emotional changes of the characters while moving the story along. This is a page turner that you don’t want to miss. The experience of these written words has my stamp of excellence on every level.

I’ve longed to read VIEW MOST GLORIOUS, the third book of AMERICAN WONDERS COLLECTION from Revell. The covers are lovely and they are a delightful way to see some of America’s fabulous park areas though the delightful tales of characters that are relatable and inspiring.

VIEW MOST GLORIOUS is a satisfying and beautifully written and insightful novel that I was sent a free copy of for an honest review. This is my favorite series by Regina and that is saying a lot. This is a writer that I respect, admire, and enjoy. I’m honored to share her new published novel and this novel was an experience for me. I’m too cowardly to climb such a mountain, but to experience this challenge through the eyes of Regina’s characters was absolutely rewarding, refreshing, and satisfying! Hint, hint- this series or this novel would make a wonderful Christmas, birthday, or just because gift to those you love!  

The stories in this AMERICAN WONDERS COLLECTION are stand-alone novels as well as being part of a series. How did you come up with the hero, Nathan Hardee’s background?

I knew who Coraline, my heroine, was—a strong young lady who is determined to make her own way in the world. She was going to need a guide to climb the mountain, so the hero had to be skilled in living in the wilderness. But I also wanted someone who could appreciate the lifestyle she lives. It’s easy to look at someone who is born into wealth and think they have it made. Cora has always been at the mercy of others. He understands that. 

How did you come up with Coraline Baxter’s Achilles heel, her mother?

Because Cora has chosen to walk a path few ladies trod in those days (although there were some!), I wanted someone close to her to be a contrast. Her mother is what many women aspired to be in the late 1800s. She wields her power quietly, in Society and through her husband. She’s buried two husbands before this one, so she knows how to keep that power too. But it’s not the kind of power Cora wants.

Have you climbed Mount Rainier? Your descriptions of the characters’ ascent and descent, their reactions and the views were so specific. I loved this!

While I have hiked all over that mountain, I have never reached the summit. I considered trying it in the leadup to the book’s publication, but the amount of preparation would have been too much with family and writing, especially with the coronavirus. I’m afraid I’m not in Cora’s shape, LOL. However, there is a marvelous book by Aubrey Haines, a former park ranger, called “Mountain Fever.” He has gathered first-hand accounts of those who climbed Rainier in the early days. The details, combined with my own experiences on the mountain, helped me imagine what it might have been like for Cora.

Will you write any additional AMERICAN WONDERS COLLECTION novels? If not, what is your next novel to be published?  

At the moment, this book is the last one planned in the American Wonders Collection. In January, I will be returning to my beloved Regency period with the release of Never Pursue a Prince, a follow-on to my bestselling Fortune’s Brides series. Can the daughter of a duke give her heart to a prince in disguise when she and her sisters vow to be wed by harvest time?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment