Wednesday, March 21, 2018

FRONTIER MATCHMAKER BRIDE by Regina Scott

 
 


Beth Wallin is matchmaking again! But will her heart become entangled in her plans to find a wife for the handsome Deputy Hart McCormick? That might not be such a good idea, because this deputy has an excellent secret reason for not becoming involved with a woman again. After all, he is the very man who’d rejected Beth’s interest only a year ago! Talk about challenging.

The variety of ages and personalities for FRONTIER MATCHMAKER BRIDE’S victims, criminals, and main characters complemented nicely. Oh, those villains and their plotting! Some of my favorite characters—besides Beth and Hart—were: Scout, Ganzel, Bobby, Mrs. Jenkins, and the Denny ladies to name some. Even if their part was small I liked them still!

I really enjoyed this book for the storyline, characters and humor that Regina writes seamlessly into her historical tale. The 1875-time period is like sampling expensive chocolate for me! I love the culture Regina takes me to, the dresses, fabric, and horses. The simple life made complicated by character interaction. Regina ties the situations and personalities into such a perfectly satisfying culmination of the FRONTIER BACHELOR series that I must suggest that you enjoy the rest of the series too! At least I hope that you will! I highly recommend this historical. Yes, I did receive his novel from Regina to peruse. My statements about FRONTIER MATCHMAKER BRIDE come from my honest appreciation for Regina Scott’s ability to entertain me with wholesome, delightful stories that I’m eager to recommend!

The FRONTIER BACHELORS stories:
THE BRIDE SHIP
WOULD-BE WILDERNESS WIFE
FRONTIER ENGAGEMENT
INSTANT FRONTIER FAMILY
A CONVENIENT CHRISTMAS WEDDING
MAIL-ORDER MARRIAGE PROMISE
HIS FRONTIER CHRISTMAS FAMILY

Questions for Regina Scott:

1)     Was it difficult for you to hold-out on sharing all of the vibrant and precious characteristics of Beth Wallin in the previous novels? (Her positive personality reminded me of some of my friends!) 

Because Beth featured in the background of 6 of the 7 previous books, I’m not sure I held out all that much—LOL. But I hope this time I was able to bring her out to the fullest, giving her center stage.

2)     Is your mind popping with stories, which in my opinion could easily splinter off of this Wallin series? (I wish there could be more FRONTIER BACHELOR historicals!)

Absolutely! I’d like to tell the stories of the next generation of Wallins and their friends. But Love Inspired is closing its historical line, and most publishers will not pick up a book related to a series with rights held by another publisher. So, I’m afraid Frontier Bachelor  sequels, prequels, and other connections will have to wait until I regain the rights, likely many years from now.

3)     Is this location, Seattle Washington Territory, special to you? Why?

Very special. I grew up 40 miles south of Seattle and returned to my roots about four years ago. I now live south of Seattle on the way to Mt. Rainer, and it has been a pleasure researching and writing about things that might have happened in my own backyard.

4)     What is a theme from this story that you would like your readers to notice and enjoy?

One theme that flows through most of my books is finding your place in the world. We all have to learn where our unique, God-given skills and longings fit and where they can make a difference for others.

5)     Was there a scene you would like to tell us about that didn’t make it into this story?

I would love to have told more about Beth’s involvement with various charities and causes in Seattle. That girl has energy!

6)     Who is your favorite or some of your favorite mystery writer(s)?

I am a huge fan of Elizabeth Peters, who wrote the Amelia Peabody mysteries that span from the Victorian era to after World War I. I’d love to have Amelia’s kind of spunk!

7)     Can you tell us about the next novel you will be releasing?

In May, I’ll be returning to my beloved Regency period with the first of the Fortune’s Brides series, Never Doubt a Duke. When the mysterious owner of the Fortune Employment Agency and her matchmaking cat arrange for the irrepressible Jane Kimball to take the governess’ position with the Duke of Wey, everyone has doubts. But when the duke must take a wife, thoughts turn to an unlikely governess who might make the perfect bride. 

8)    How do you wish for your readers to contact you? Readers can reach me via my website at www.reginascott.com, on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/authorreginascott, on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/reginascottpins, or on Goodreads at www.goodreads.com/reginascott.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to join you on your blog again, Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment