Sunday, March 31, 2019

Never Kneel to a Knight, Fortune Bride’s Series, Book 5 by Regina Scott


London England 1812

Viscount Worthington has newly married and Charlotte Worthington, his sister, feels that the time for her to find usefulness elsewhere has arrived. She can’t abide being a burden in her brother’s household and feels that she has something to offer. Charlotte approaches Miss Thorn and Fortune the cat to see what employment can be had. Miss Thorn has just the job. To Charlotte’s surprise and the surprise of Matthew Bateman, a man known as the Beast of Birmingham, Fortune Employment Agency offers the assistance of a lady of quality as an etiquette teacher. The Bateman sisters and Matthew lack polish for they’ve never needed such elegance before. Circumstances involving The Beast’s heroic activity have elevated their status making this education necessary. And Fortune approves.

This is a fun and entertaining read and Regina does a wonderful job of varying personalities that are believable and enjoyable. The sisters’ interactions were wonderful. Petunia or Tuny and Daisy, and Ivy made me feel at home! This story drew me along effortlessly and I wish to ask Regina, does your pen or computer keys have instant pizazz on the ready flow setting as your words touch the page? Cause I felt that pizazz as I enjoyed “Never Kneel to a Knight”! There is humor and intrigue, heroic and wise choices that must be made while the characters navigate through the rules of the ton. I enjoy how the names and nick-names fit the characters and how the situations and tension build to a satisfying ending! Yes, I did receive this novel from Regina for a review and this is a true and accurate accounting of my enjoyment and appreciation at experiencing this read.

Questions for Regina:

This story was fresh and sweet. How do you keep your inspiration flowing?
That’s the Lord! Every time a new idea arrives, I just have the thank Him!

Do you have the floor plans to the Bateman house? I could picture it as I read!
I do! For most of my stories, I draw floor plans of the houses and sometimes the grounds around them. And when I’m stuck, I turn to my youngest son, who just finished school to become an architect. He points out where I don’t have enough windows or chimneys and where walls should be. 😊

Have you ever been to a boxing match? Do you like the sport?
Not boxing. I have watched a little on TV, and I must say I can’t watch for long! I admire the power and athletic prowess of the boxers, but I just can’t enjoy watching people strike each other.

What would you like your reader to benefit from because they read “Never Kneel to a Knight”?
I hope they come away with the idea that we can all be our best selves. Where we were born, who raised us, and what we look like isn’t as important as the character we choose to take on. We can all contribute, we can all be a positive force for change.

What do you find most admirable about the “ton”?
The fact that it was a small town in the midst of a very large city. The story goes that only about 10,000 people inhabited the “ton” at any point in time. It’s not hard to make yourself known (or infamous!) in that size group.

What is the least favorite quality about the “ton”?
The gossip and bullying. There seems to have been a real pecking order, and woe to you if you were at the bottom!

Will there be another story in this series and if so, what is it about and when is the publishing date?
There is one more story planned for the Fortune’s Brides series, Never Marry a Marquess, due out the middle of June. The heroine is Ivy Bateman, the sister of Matthew in Never Kneel to Knight. Shy Ivy is happiest caring for her family and baking sweet treats. She never expected the wealthy Marquess of Kendall to propose a marriage of convenience. His baby daughter needs a mother, and Ivy cannot deny the role’s attraction, or the attraction she feels for the handsome marquess. Kendall’s heart went to the grave with his first wife. Now, all he cares about is ensuring his frail daughter survives. Perhaps a grieving lord and a shy lady will discover that love, and a good cinnamon bun, can heal all wounds.

Where do you wish for your readers to contact you?

Readers can find out more about my books, and me, at my website at www.reginascott.com and connect with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authorreginascott, Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/reginascottpins), and my blog (www.nineteenteen.com). If they sign up for my newsletter, they can be alerted when the next book is out or on sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment