Monday, July 9, 2018

MAKING MY HEAVENLY TO-DO LIST



MAKING MY HEAVELY TO-DO LIST

How can one begin a to-do list for their heavenly home? We know that Jesus has prepared a place for those who received him on earth and followed Him until their last breath. But, what about how we spend time there? Will we have time? Will we remember what we wanted to ask or accomplish once we’ve arrived safely inside those heavenly gates? I know more about what I don’t know than what I do know concerning all of those questions.

Yet, a longing sprang up inside my mind yesterday and wedged itself deep into my heart. I want to meet and greet Hannah (Biddy) Chambers, who was Oswald Chambers wife! Her humble, positive nature is noted, revealing her to be a strong woman of faith. Though Biddy, as many called her, passed on to her heavenly reward in 1966, she has touched my life during many of my welcome and unwelcome crossroads. Biddy recorded Oswald Chambers speeches with Pittman’s shorthand and had his lectures and devotions published after he’d passed away in his 40s.

As I found myself making this Heavenly To-Do List, I realized that I’d merely added Biddy to my already developing list to meet Puritan preacher, John Bunyan; Baptist preacher, Charles Spurgeon as well as many of our numerous founding fathers! The list actually doesn’t stop there, so it would appear that I’ve been working on my Heavenly To-Dos for quite some time.

How about you? Besides Father God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit and family members—who do you desire to meet? What skill would you like to become proficient with? In other words, I’m curious to know if you’ve started you’re Heavenly To-Do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment