Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Regina Scott's "The Bride's Matchmaking Triplets"


 


I’m very pleased to have read this novel by Regina. She is definitely another “favorite author” for me. Her fun and likable characters, the mystery laced throughout, and the story challenges kept me reading—yes, flipping those pages! I love how this historical was written, because I felt myself slipping away from our modern 2017 and found myself smack-dab in the middle of historical August of 1896.

Triplets are always intriguing and Regina did a marvelous job of keeping their personalities separate and distinct. I laughed, I worried, and I puzzled, as I found myself immersed in this fun tale with believable stakes.

The characters were well rounded and most were likable! Okay, there were a couple that I enjoyed disliking—good job Regina! The main characters were likable and interesting. I really wanted to know what would happen and how their journey would turn and change during their challenges. There were secondary characters that were amusing, entertaining, and they added to the story wonderfully well! Yes, I’m smiling as I write this for the pure enjoyment that I experienced!  I love the hope and redeeming quality threaded into this adorable story. I could well imagine the desperate challenges and difficulties that motivated ladies in that time period into becoming a mail order bride, which made this story possible to write.

 Regina must spend hours observing and studying human nature for when she writes characters—she does so in a captivating and amusing way. I appreciate the feel-good feeling that I experienced when I read this work of fiction. It is said, ‘People always remember the way you make them feel.’ Well, I remember the way that Regina’s novels make me feel and Regina- I thank you for that! (I have her “Secrets and Sensibilities the Lady Emily capers book one, on my Kindle waiting for me! I can’t wait!!!)

This novel was giving to me for a review and I must say Regina—your novels will always find a permanent spot on my book shelves. This is a reread that will be well read over and over again! I’m giving my honest evaluation of The Bride’s Matchmaking Triplets of and this authors skill at story telling.

Regina’s The Bride’s Matchmaking Triplets is the third book in the “Lone Star Cowboy League” series. The other two historical novels from this series were written by Linda Ford, April 2017 and Noelle Marchand, May 2017 for Love Inspired, Historical.

1)     Regina, was it difficult to write the third book in a series written by three different authors? How is that even possible?


Through lots of hard work, Susan, LOL! Truly, I am indebted to Linda and Noelle. We communicated frequently from the moment the books were contracted to make sure we were consistent across the stories with ongoing characters. I actually like writing the last story. I get to wrap things up without having to worry I’m leaving the right jump off point for the next person.

2)     I loved how you had the triplets react to conversations and people and made them such entertaining characters in this work of fiction…you didn’t have a set of triplets in your personal life did you? Smile, seriously, how did you keep track of their different personalities?

No triplets, but twins run in my family, so I’ve seen a few. Again, though, I owe the twin’s personalities to Linda Ford. She’s raised more than 20 children (that’s an amazing story in its own right!), so she knew how to start with the triplets. Noelle and I just aged them appropriately.

3)     I must ask what your favorite theme was for this novel. (I’m so incredibly blessed to have read it! Thank you!)

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. I think the story is about second chances—Elizabeth’s chance to start over with a clean slate; the triplets’ chance to find a forever home; Brandon’s chance to rekindle his lost love. We all make mistakes in our lives. Thank God He gives us another chance!

4)     Have the mail order brides’ history interested you for a long time?

I think there’s something fascinating about the whole process. Today we have people who marry after meeting online and corresponding, but we have so many ways to check and double-check the person’s background and character. Mail-order brides generally had none of that. What would drive a woman to leave everything she’s ever known and give herself to someone she’s never met? What scope for storytelling!

5)     Did you read any personal diaries from someone who’d become a mail order bride?

Alas, no, but I’d certainly be interested! I love reading about history, especially from those who experienced it firsthand.

6)     Is there anything you would like to share with us about your character choices or messages or well, anything whatsoever?

I feel very blessed to have been part of two Lone Star Cowboy League historical series. Little Horn, Texas, is a place I’d love to visit. In fact, the Texas Hill Country, where the town was placed, is now on my bucket list of places to visit.

7)     What future novels or novellas do you have on the horizon?

My Frontier Bachelors series, set in pioneer Seattle, will continue with Mail-Order Marriage Promise (yes, another mail-order bride!) in September 2017, His Frontier Christmas Family in December 2017, and Frontier Matchmaker Bride in March 2018. Here’s a sneak peek of the cover for Mail-Order Marriage Promise.
 

8)     How do you want your characters to contact you?

(SUSAN—do you mean how do I want your readers to contact me? If I told people all the ways my characters contact me, your readers would likely suggest I be committed. 😊)
LOL, oh yes! This was just too funny to cut! :)

Please look for me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/authorreginascott
My blog on interesting tidbits from the nineteenth century at www.nineteenteen.com
Or my website at www.reginascott.com where you can sign up for a free e-mail alert when the next book is out or on sale

 

No comments:

Post a Comment